Ericom provides concrete business value through ensuring timely and secure access to key resources (applications, desktops, data, and cloud-based information) and helping organizations align their IT operations with strategic business objectives. Ericom Solutions cost-effectively optimize IT efficiencies and access infrastructures, extend the life of IT assets, and increase business efficiencies, translating into lower TCO and higher ROI — critical achievements for organizations that strive to succeed in an increasingly complex IT space.
Windows on a Chromebook?
Instantly deliver Windows applications and desktops to Chromebooks, with Ericom AccessNow HTML5 RDP Client
The combined Google Chromebooks and AccessNow (HTML5 RDP Client) solution enables education, government, healthcare, financial and other organizations to provide access from Chromebooks to Windows remote desktops and applications, including VMware View desktops
AccessNow HTML5 RDP Client for Chromebook gives users the flexibility and mobility to securely access Windows desktops running on Windows Terminal Services / RDS / VDI platforms from anywhere, in addition to accessing their Web apps - simultaneously!
- Simple, easy and inexpensive to maintain- NO plug-ins required!
- AccessNow RDP client for Chromebook eliminates Windows PCs software management
- Does not require Java, Flash, Silverlight, ActiveX or any other underlying technology on the
- Chromebook, significantly reducing IT overhead.
- Helps solve the Bring Your Own Computer / Device (BYOC / BYOD) challenge, simplifying life for system administrators and end-users alike
How Does AccessNow Work?
It's so simple! All you need is a Chromebook, Ericom AccessNow (pure HTML5 RDP Client) and an internet connection.
- Open a web page
- Enter the address of the Ericom AccessNow Server (the Terminal Server or VDI platform)
- Enter your credentials
- Press 'Connect' — The desktop (or application) appears directly inside the browser window
- That's it!
Ericom AccessNow Components
- End-user navigates to the AccessNow URL to start the connection.
- Client connects to AccessNow Server using WebSockets — AccessNow Server is usually installed on RDP host itself.
- AccessNow Server translates WebSocket communication to / from RDP.
- Remote Windows desktop / application UI is displayed inside the browser window.